Saturday 12 August, 2023
UW X IMAGENATION OUTDOORS SUMMER FILM AND MUSIC FESTIVAL
Location: Harlem (Frederick Douglass Blvd between 119th and 120th)
Time: Doors Open at 6pm | Film Starts at 8pm
Tickets: Click here to RSVP and reserve your seat.
Film: Farewell Amor, 2020 | Directed by Ekwa Msangi
Logline: Reunited after 17 years apart, Walter, an Angolan immigrant, is joined in the US by his wife and teen daughter. Now absolute strangers sharing a one-bedroom apartment, they discover a shared love of dance may help them overcome the emotional distance between them.
Thursday 17 August, 2023
UW x DCTV
Location: Firehouse DCTV’s Cinema for Documentary Film, 87 Lafayette St NY, NY 10013
Time: Doors open at 6:30 pm | Program Starts at 7pm
Tickets:$16/$8 for DCTV members. Click here for program info and to buy tickets.
- Family, Fluidity, and Progress
- A Selection of Documentary Shorts Curated by Urbanworld Film Festival
- We Dance, 2022 | Directed by Ethan Payne, Brian Foster
- Chinatown: My Only Home, 2022 | Directed by Tony Wang
- Out Of The Shadows, 2022 | Directed by Rafael Samanez
- Still Here, 2022 | Directed by Mariah G. Barrera
- My Father The Mover, 2020 | Directed by Julia Jansch
Friday 18 August, 2023
UW X NYC PARKS: MOVIES UNDER THE STARS
Location: Prospect Park | Entrance at Garfield Pl. & Prospect Park West – leads straight onto Longmeadow Lawn
Time: 7:30 PM
Tickets: Free of charge
Film: A New York Christmas Wedding, 2020 | Directed by Otoja Abit
Logline: As her Christmas Eve wedding draws near, Jennifer is visited by Azrael (angel of death) and shown what could have been if she hadn’t denied her true feelings for her childhood best friend.